Sunday, December 9, 2007

#1 - The Godfather


Let me start this off by saying this - I've never seen The Godfather. Not for any particular reason, I've just never gotten around to it. I've always heard about how good it is, and to be honest, I was skeptical. I figured it couldn't be that good, and as soon as I watch it, it'd disappoint me. I guess that's why it took me until now to watch it.

Well, I was wrong. After watching it, I'd say it deserves it's place at #1. I don't know if I would say it is the best movie I've ever seen, though. That's just me though, I have a hard time picking an all time greatest anything. There is just so many different kind of movies, it really depends on what you feel like watching at the time.

This movie definitely lives up to it's hype, though. I thought I'd heard most of the twists and turns that happen in the movie, but even the ones I'd heard of shocked me. It all just flows so well, keeps you interested and wanting to see how it will turn out. Even after seeing a few key scenes and hearing a few key details before seeing the movie, it was just awesome. It makes me want to get past The Shawkshank Redemption just to see how they keep it going. Soon enough, though.

So I'll leave saying this: If you're like I was, and are afraid of disappointment, don't be. Just watch it. It lives up to it's #1 spot.



1 Down - 249 to go.

No comments: