Friday, December 14, 2007

#3 - The Godfather Part II


So, it took a bit longer than I expected for me to finally sit down and watch this movie. But, I finally finished it tonight.

My first impressions - I'm actually kind of disappointed. I loved the first movie, and despite how long it was I was into it the entire time. However, during this one, I just got bored at some points. It's not to say that it isn't a good movie, because it is. It just doesn't live up to the original.

There was something this one lacked from the first, I guess. But really, now the more I think about this one, the more I like it. It's not like I didn't like it the first time, it definitely deserves to be on this list. I just don't know if I think it deserves #3.

I think one of the bigger problems I have with it is it's length. 3 hours and 20 minutes is a bit long, I think. It could have pretty easily been shorter, while still telling the same story, and it probably would have kept my interest for longer. I've never really liked movies this long, though, so that could just be me.

Don't get me wrong, though, this isn't meant to be a negative review of the movie. It's definitely a great movie, and if I'd review this a few hours after watching it, it would probably be very different. If you've seen the first Godfather, definitely watch this one. It's worth it. Just watch it in a few installments if you don't like long movies. I have a good feeling that would help.

Next movie on the list: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

However, depending on how this weekend is, the next reviewed movie might be Psycho, as we're watching it in English.

No comments: