Tuesday, December 11, 2007

#2 - The Shawshank Redemption

Now, when I reviewed the Godfather, I said I almost wanted to skip this movie. I wanted to mention that that isn't because I didn't want to see this one, or didn't like it. I've seen most of it, but only on TV and I never got a chance to watch the very end.

From what I had seen before, I loved the movie. It was always one of my favorite movies that I'd never completely seen and always meant to finish. Really, that's one of the reasons I'm doing this list, it gives me an excuse to watch those movies that I've always meant to see. But anyway, onto the actual movie.

Like I said, this was already one of my favorite movies from what I'd seen, but after the ending I like it even more. I know it's one of those endings that you hope for the whole movie, and it's pretty expected, but it's still pretty good. And at least there is the element of surprise.

Bottomline, if you haven't seen the movie, see it. Definitely see it. If you haven't watched it all, watch it all. If you've seen it, well watch it again, it's worth it.

The next movie on the list - The Godfather II

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this movie. the short story (written by stephen king) is even better (i find it funny that they chose morgan freeman to play red, as the character in the book had the name due to his red hair, and being an irish descended male, not afro-American.) I find it interesting that you loved the movie without having seen the end. Such a good end, the book is rather similar to it. The short story, is much more graphic about certain scenes. It makes it seven better, huh?