Monday, December 24, 2007

#5 - Pulp Fiction

Now, this is finally a movie I've seen all of on the list, the first one, I think. I'd seen most of Shawshank Redemption, so I counted that.

Anyway, this has always been my favorite Tarantino movie, which is saying a lot. Reservoir Dogs is great, so are the Kill Bill movies, but this one tops them all. From the opening scene, it just keeps you into it, with all of the stories it tells, and doesn't really stop until the credits roll. It's just one of those long movies that doesn't really seem long.

As for it's number 5 place in the list, yes, it deserves it. It's always been one of my favorite movies, and is definitely my favorite Tarantino movie. If you haven't seen it, then slap yourself. Then watch it. If you have seen it, watch it again. It's one of those movies that you notice a few new things about it with every viewing.

I can't wait until we start getting to the movies that ar 2 hours, though. The shortest one so far was still 2 hours and 22 minutes. But, seeing as the next movie is Schindler's List, it could be a little while before I get a shorter one.

Oh, and here are some IMDb fun facts.
- The shot of Vincent plunging the syringe into Mia's chest was filmed by having John Travolta pull the needle out, then running the film backwards.
-John Travolta's character, "Vincent Vega", is the brother of "Vic Vega", aka "Mr. Blonde" from Reservoir Dogs (1992).
- The passage from the Bible that Jules has memorized was mostly made up by Quentin Tarantino and Samuel L. Jackson. The only part that's similar to what the Bible says is the part where he says, "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee." However, the parts about the righteous man and the shepherd are not real.

No comments: