Monday, December 17, 2007

#4 - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly


Well, I started the movie thinking that I hadn't seen any of it, but once it got to the final scene, I realized that I'd seen the ending. It had been a long time ago, though, so it didn't really ruin anything.

This was a really good movie, though. I usually don't get into westerns, but this has to be pretty much the best. Plus, it has Clint Eastwood. I don't really have too much to say, though, it was a great movie, and that's about it.

So, the movie probably deserves it's spot, but I've like other movies better, that are lower on the list. But I'd say this appeals to more people than those ones, so I'd say it deserves it's place. I'd recommend watching it if you haven't seen it.

But, since I don't have anything else to say, here is a random fact about it from Wikipedia.
-The cast for the movie was from all around the world; actors spoke in their native languages. Eastwood, Van Cleef and Wallach spoke in English, and were dubbed in Italian for the debut release in Rome. For the American version, their voices were left alone, and the other cast members were dubbed into English. This is noticeable in the synchronization of voices to lip movements on screen. In fact, none of the dialogue is completely in sync, because Leone rarely (if ever) shot his scenes with synched sound. Various reasons have been cited for this: Leone often liked to play Morricone's music over a scene (and possibly shout things at them as well) to get the actors in the mood; Leone cared more for visuals than dialogue (his English was limited, at best); and given the technical limitations of the time, it would have been difficult to record the sound cleanly in most of the extremely wide shots Leone frequently used. Whatever the actual reason, all dialogue in the film was recorded in post-production.

Oh, and next is a really good movie - Pulp Fiction

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always liked this one. I hear ya about not liking western, but this one is above most. magnificent seven is another one... keep it up man!